- Dr Girish Narayen is keenly interested in academics and has presented several papers in national and international conferences, gave guest lectures and CME talks.
- He also delivered orations at meetings organized by Association of Physicians of India , Indian Medical Association, Gynecology society and Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad .
- Awarded “Dronacharya Award” by Delhi Nephrology society , in recognition of his services as teacher in Nephrology
- He has written chapters in books and authored articles in Journals.
- He has been examiner for DM and DNB Nephrology exams at various Universities of India and National Board of Examinations Delhi.
- He has been Vice President of the Indian Society of Nephrology and Chairman of the Southern chapter of the Society.
- He was appointed as expert member in Nephrology for the Union Public Service Commission Delhi
- He continues to be involved in academic activities and is working as consultant and teaching DNB students in Maxcure (Mediciti) and Medwin Hospital Hyderabad.