||Completed M.S (General Surgery) in 1977 and worked as Assistant Professor of Surgery till 1980 in Gandhi Medical College (GMC).
Following this worked as a deputed surgeon for the Government of Iran till 1984.
Returned to India and after working as assistant followed by associate professor in GMC between 1984-1999, I was appointed as Professor and Head of Department in Vijaywada (1999-2000) and GMC (2000-2007)
||Post retirement (2009), I have become Professor and HOD of surgery and Dean in Dr VRK Women’s Medical College, Hyderabad.
||I have been an examiner to the Universities in Tamilnadu, Karnataka and Nagpur.
||In addition to being Dean, Professor and HOD, I was also the Director of Medical Education Government of Andhra.Pradesh. from 2007- 2008 and was instrumental in:
- Organising medical schools in Adilabad, Ongole, Kadapa.
- Reorganising medical school and students from Dichipally, Nizamabad and restoring recognition to Guntur Medical College.
- Planning and executing shifting of old Gandhi Hospital to its present premises
- Execution and construction of Gandhi Alumni building
- Presented papers nationally, internationally along with conducting surgical workshops
- “Clinical and Operative Surgery case approach and discussion” text book for under and postgraduates
- Surgery in “Shorts” – in the making
|Areas of interest
- “Surgical site infection” and evolving a standard surgical practice to minimise it.
- Lectured in about 90 towns and cities of India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and Nepal as a touring surgeon on “Surgical site infection and methods to prevent it” as Medical Education Pada Yatra.
- “Recent trends in hernia surgery” and “Abdominal wall closure techniques” – Lectured in various cities in India
- Music, singing and composing songs on “Medical subjects” and presenting in various meetings.
- Presentation covered by all national TV channels as “ unique way of teaching the subject”
- Popularly called as “Singing Surgeon” of India.
- First prize Winner of All India inter Medical meeting competitions at AIIMS and JIPMER during college days
- Made two albums of songs on medicine, which are quite popular among medical students.
- Presented programmes twice in USA on invitation from AAPI- Chicago and Houston, twice to UK.
- Felicitated by London Telugu Association-2008
- Presently learning ‘Piano”
||Married – Wife passed away in 2015
- Son – Orthopaedic surgeon, working in a corporate hospital
- Daughter in law – Physiotherapist
- Daughter – Dental surgeon
- Son in law – Software engineer
- Four grandsons
I own and run a Surgical nursing home (15 beds)
Chary with Late wife Madhu
Son + Daughter in law + Kids
Son + Daughter
Daughter + Son il law + kids
Prof Chary’s published books
Telephones – 04027173377
Email: – firstname.lastname@example.org