Dr T Venkateshwar Rao
I was born on 5th April 1947 to Late Sri Tanguturi Srinivas Rao & Late Smt. Ranganayakamma.
Married on 15th May 1968. Mr T Venkateshwar Rao and Mrs T Vimala and our children (1977).
My Career as a Doctor
- I started my medical practise at Palmakul Immediately after completing MBBS from Osmania Medical College. Palmakul is located in then Ranga Reddy district. Practiced there from 20/6/1974 to Feb 1980 for a period of 6 years
- Joined Government service on 05/02/1980 at PHC (Primary Health Centre) Keshampeta, Mahbubnagar District where I worked for a period of 3years until 15/06/1983
- I transferred to Lingala where I worked for a period of 9 months 16/06/1983 to 15/04/1984. After which, worked for a period of 6 years at PHC Kondurgu from 15/04/1984 to 1/11/1990.
- I was reassigned again at PHC Keshampeta and continued my service until 20/06/1996.
- Later got the opportunity to work at Central prison, Musheerabad, Hyderabad as Chief Medical Officer for 4 years i.e. from 21/06/1996 to 14/06/2000.
- Subsequently I was promoted as Deputy civil surgeon at Malakpet where I continued serving for 4 years i.e. from 15/06/2000 to 13/05/2004
- Ultimately I was promoted as civil surgeon RMO (Resident Medical Officer), area hospital Wanaparthy and worked for period of 6 months i.e. from 1/11/2004 to 30/04/2005, until I retired.
During my service, which stretched for over a period of seven years I conducted 9336 tubectomy operations for which I received a Gold Medal. I also conducted various tubectomy camps with the help of Hindustan Petroleum and with many other voluntary organizations for which I was appreciated for my efforts by district collector and higher authorities.
News article and Certificate of Appreciation for Excellent Work in Family Welfare Program by Mahbubnagar District Collector during the year 1993-1994.
Receiving Gold Medal from Mr Zannat Hussain, Secretary to the Government of A.P for Best Medical Officer of Mahbubnagar District during World Population Day, July 1983.
Retirement Greetings from Health Committee, Area Hospital Wanaparty & Family members, 30th April 2005.
After retiring from Government Service, I started a voluntary organisation, with some like-minded people, called CARD (Chaitanya Society for Agriculture and Rural Development) for which T Madhusudan Rao was the Chairman and myself as the Vice chairman and D. Rameshwar Rao as general secretary and our classmate Dr.C.Jagpal as executive member. We conducted numerous eye camps with the help of late Dr. Rangareddy sir ex superintendent of SD hospital and performed 800, cataract operations in various districts of Telangana and distributed more than 4000 opticals to poor patients. Dr. Jagpal not only conducted two major eye camps at his native place, but also in different regions.
Currently I’m conducting medical camps in rural areas and other districts voluntarily in tandem with Operation Blue India, a voluntary organization. I’m presently staying at Nagole, Hyderabad.
Memorable Incident during my Service
While I was working at Primary Health Centre at Keshampeta there was an incident which stuck with me for all these years. One night around 11.00 pm a full term pregnant women came with hand prolapse and we knew that we cannot treat her at PHC level, but I decided to save the life of both the mother and the child for which I had to shift the case to maternity hospital, Hyderabad. But unfortunately, that day our driver was unavailable, so I decided to drive the Jeep myself to Hyderabad with the help of then health supervisor late. Mr. Satya Narayana Reddy. We faced a bit of misfortune when our vehicle’s tyre was punctured on the out skirts of Hyderabad.
However, we transported the patient in an auto rickshaw to Government maternity hospital at Nayapul. Around 1.00 am the doctors operated on that case and saved both mother and the child, after which I signed off from my duty. A male child was delivered and the parents decided to name the child after me i.e. Venkatayya.
Various Activities conducted by CARD Organisation
Teachers Day (Gurupoojothsavam) organised by CARD on 5th September 2007 at ZPHS, Farooqnagar, where I studied Higher Secondary Education during 1962-1963.
Felicitation Ceremony by people of Palamakul for rendering 40 years of service on 14th August 2015.
News articles on conducting Medical and Eye Camps after retirement at various villages of Ranga Reddy District.
Dr. T. Venkateshwar Rao
H No: 2-3-212, Adarsh Nagar, Rd no 2,
Telephone : 04024222880
Mob : 9866152880